This is my class comment blog for my English 1302 students. This is the where you will post questions to each other and both post comments and responses to weekly blogs.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Blog Comments
Please put your comments here for the Spoken Word Performance Poetry we went to on Monday.
I worry....
I never knew you were so into poerty, you really are a good poet. I like the fact how you relate your poems with life, like they all have a meaning to it. Maybe one day I will be able to see/hear more of work because it really inspired me and to be honest I have never really enjoyed poems as much as I enjoyed yours. Oh also I like how you put music in the backround while writing, its a good way to put a beat and rhythm to it kind of like a flow. One thing that really caught my attention was when you said that you are a "feminist" in what way are you a feminist?
Well, prior to your performance, I did know you have an act for poetry, I'll admit I even saw some of your stuff on Youtube. Before going to class I knew a brief history of you the poet because you are my Graduate Assistant Professor and through being in your class I had the opportunity to view the types of things that interested you, pieces of writing such as Gloria's How to Tame a Wild Tongue, even types of characteristics you carried, such that you are a strong intelligent women who grew up in Sullivan, who found themselves through writing poems during your 25th birthday decided that poetry was your calling, who strives to be something, who is now something, and through all the tough times, through a hard divorce is a damn good poet who grew up a chola, who is today a chola with a damn good degree and a name that is recognized!!! Honestly, going into that class I expected to see something I hadn't seen before, but man was I wrong. I saw way more the what I expected, I saw a women, I saw power, I saw passion, I saw jazz, I saw rythum, I saw pride, I saw you, and I found me. Overall the experience was amazing, it was beyond disbelief. Well my worry poem was silly, but I'll type it up.
They Said I would be I wouldn't be I wouldn't ever be something I would never be They Said I would be Just some ordinary, typical failure. They Said I would be I would be that sorrta girl who never go no where nor never be something. They Said I would be nothing but some girl on the street with no money, or food to feed you or me They Said I would be shit they don't know me, I am I am I am Who am I am because I never believed in who or what they saw in me So who am? Let me show you, they thought i would be anything everything I'm not today but hey I graduated when I was sixteen, In college getting a degree They Said I would be So lost in this world, stuck at home holding a baby in my arm, and no money to feed They Said I would be, Forget Them, Look At Me!
Since the course began you told us that you were really into poetry and that you perfom it at poetry readings. I really liked the way you performed your poems, and i love the way you have your own unique poems that have great emotion and energy.Not only were your poems great, but everyone in that class really picked up everything you said, and they also seemed to really enjoy your poems.
I never knew you were so into poerty, you really are a good poet. I like the fact how you relate your poems with life, like they all have a meaning to it. Maybe one day I will be able to see/hear more of work because it really inspired me and to be honest I have never really enjoyed poems as much as I enjoyed yours. Oh also I like how you put music in the backround while writing, its a good way to put a beat and rhythm to it kind of like a flow. One thing that really caught my attention was when you said that you are a "feminist" in what way are you a feminist?
ReplyDeleteWell, prior to your performance, I did know you have an act for poetry, I'll admit I even saw some of your stuff on Youtube. Before going to class I knew a brief history of you the poet because you are my Graduate Assistant Professor and through being in your class I had the opportunity to view the types of things that interested you, pieces of writing such as Gloria's How to Tame a Wild Tongue, even types of characteristics you carried, such that you are a strong intelligent women who grew up in Sullivan, who found themselves through writing poems during your 25th birthday decided that poetry was your calling, who strives to be something, who is now something, and through all the tough times, through a hard divorce is a damn good poet who grew up a chola, who is today a chola with a damn good degree and a name that is recognized!!! Honestly, going into that class I expected to see something I hadn't seen before, but man was I wrong. I saw way more the what I expected, I saw a women, I saw power, I saw passion, I saw jazz, I saw rythum, I saw pride, I saw you, and I found me. Overall the experience was amazing, it was beyond disbelief.
ReplyDeleteWell my worry poem was silly, but I'll type it up.
They Said I would be
I wouldn't be
I wouldn't ever be something
I would never be
They Said I would be
Just some ordinary, typical failure.
They Said I would be
I would be that sorrta girl who never go no where nor never be
something.
They Said I would be
nothing but some girl on the street
with no money, or food to feed
you or me
They Said I would be
shit they don't know me,
I am
I am
I am
Who am I am
because
I never believed
in who or what they saw in me
So who am?
Let me show you,
they thought i would be anything everything I'm not today
but hey
I graduated when I was sixteen,
In college getting a degree
They Said I would be
So lost in this world, stuck at home
holding a baby in my arm, and no money
to feed
They Said I would be,
Forget Them, Look At Me!
Since the course began you told us that you were really into poetry and that you perfom it at poetry readings. I really liked the way you performed your poems, and i love the way you have your own unique poems that have great emotion and energy.Not only were your poems great, but everyone in that class really picked up everything you said, and they also seemed to really enjoy your poems.
ReplyDelete