1. A writer is a person who can describe, inform, and entertain the reader. People have been writing since the beginning of time, wether it was pictures on a wall, signs, or any other hieroglyphic. This was the earliest sign of writing. People write to communicate, for example you send a letter and the recipient reads it, writes a response, then sends it back. In present time we write not only to communicate, but to inform world events. Another reason we write is to educate. Our generation has lost the importance of writing, and reading. With all the technology that has developed over the years people keep on losing interesting writing. I think a writer is a person who can express, inform, educate, and entertain a reader.
2. Many think reading and writing are a really boring thing to do. But, writing is a really important, if there was no writing then there wouldn't be reading. The purpose of writing for me is to learn as much as I can. If I can express myself through writing and get my point across to the reader, then I know I'm doing a good job. We have to learn how to write to be able to express ourselves not just on paper, but when we speak. Writing and grammar can help you learn new vocabulary so when you speak anyone can understand you.
3. I look at ENG 1301 as opinion writing, where we learned how to describe in detailed image for the reader. In ENG 1302 I describe it as fact writing. I expect to learn how to gather information on a certain topic, and inform and educate the reader of that topic. I expect to learn a procedure that helps the writer complete an informative paper.
4. I expect to learn how to do research, going to the library picking a book or article, how to easily write a long paper/essay, and finally how to write a informative research paper.. The areas I would like to improve on are my grammar, description, and on my organization in writing. All of these three areas are probably at eighty percent out of a hundred.
5. At the end of this course I hope to be able to wright a great research paper. I want to be able to gather all the information in a short amount of time. And I'll know if I was successful if these objectives are accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment