Sunday, January 23, 2011

Questionnaire

1. ENG 1301 is a class that “affords the opportunity for students to develop their ability to communicate effectively and responsibly through written discourse.” Before we begin our semester, I’d like to know how you would describe a writer. You can tell me about anything you’d like, but just make sure you tell me why you think people write.

There are those who write for knowledge there are those that write for entertainment, and there are those who write from their own experience. Writers are people that are passionate to let other know what they know or how they feel or personal experiences. Writing has never been my strongest subject, but I feel a lot more comfortable writing out of experience and something that means to me because it might help others make good decisions in their future.


2. Now that you’ve told me why you think people write, tell me about the ideas, opinions, perspectives that have helped you understand the purpose of writing. Be sure and tell me who shared these ideas, opinions, and perspectives with you.

In 1301 I learned that every single student has a voice, but we never realized it. It took along time for us to understand that writing can make a difference; it’s not as boring as we make it seem. Since then I have noticed that writing is not a problem anymore because I am giving my opinion and letting other know what I think. And no one can critique you for giving your own opinion, they can argue about your opinion, but they can’t take your opinion away.

3. Based on why you think people write, what do you expect to learn about writing in ENG 1302? If you have any ideas about how you will learn to write in this class, tell me about those too.

In ENG 1302, I hope to learn on how I can improve my writing skills and if I am writing the correct way. I would like to continue learning how we can give our opinion without many boundaries or how we can express our opinion in writing without getting the reader confused. I think I had some problems with taking sides that I didn’t know how to express that in writing, so I would like to work on this conflict that I have.


4. What do you think you need to learn in 1302 to improve your writing? Tell me three (3) specific things you expect to learn in this class. Also, tell me three (3) things you can already do that you’d like to do better (and give me a number between 1 and 100 about how confident you feel in you ability to do these things). In doing so, feel free to tell me about what other teachers have told you in the past, but also tell me about the expectations you have for college writing.

I need to learn how to feel confident in my writing, improve my writing skill on giving my opinion, and learn how to look for resources correctly. I would like to improve my voice in writing (20), I have a difficult time doing that, I have been told that I can write a good paper, but my endings usually suck (65). And I would like to improve the organization in my writing. Many of this things have been pointed out to me, but I really don’t know how to fix them and if I do fix them im not sure if im doing it correctly.


5. Not thinking about a grade or credit hours, how will you know you've been successful in this course? What will success look like for you at the end of the semester? How will you evaluate what you’ve learned over the 15 weeks?

I think the only way I would know if I am doing good in a class is if I feel confident that I have knowledge and ask for help when needed and try my best to do good in this class. At the end of this semester I hope I can already be qualified as a sophmore, and I hope to do good in all my classes, and this will be a boost of confidence that I can do this as a single mother. I think once I finish this class I will be able to evaluate this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment